Blogging aspirations to share
I’m a goal oriented person, so as a neophyte blogger, I’m attempting to establish some goals for myself to help keep me focused and (hopefully) motivated too! I thought these might be helpful to others just getting started. If you have tips to share, I’d appreciate receiving them.
My blogging goals …
- Strive to write about what I know and the work I’m leading which I’m passionate about; In every post I’ll do my best to communicate clearly and hope to share information others find useful
- I hope to come to know my audience and keep the content that I post relevant to their interests and provide value to readers through sharing experiences and things I’ve learned along the way.
- I’ll work on getting to know people that I want to connect with by reading their blogs and when I find content is relevant , I’ll try to link to it
- Time is a challenge, but I’ll try to post at least one a week (I’m struggling with this one!)
- I’ll try to think about search optimizing my content with keywords and tags that are topical and relevant
- When I quote another blogger I’ll be sure to credit the creator
- When I post a comment on another bloggers post, I will always be transparent about who I am and my affiliation
- Learn something new about blogging best practices weekly, build on these skills, contribute to discussions on topics of interest amongst the other bloggers I’m connected to
- I’ll follow the IBM Social Computing & Blogging Guidelines
- Remember, you’ve heard from other bloggers who have gone before you … Don’t give up, even if you’re struggling to find the time or what to write about …. blogging is not meant to be hard, it’s a journey, it should be fun!